We invite you to join us at the Disarmament Summer Encampment from July 30th through August 9th. Working together with indigenous communities in New Mexico, we will be building a permaculture encampment, training in organizing and non-violent direct action, and taking action to commemorate the 65th anniversary of the bombing of Hiroshima. We will be leaving behind sustainable community infrastructure, building the skills and leadership of local youth, and strengthening the international youth movement for nuclear abolition.
Endorse Disarmament Summer and join us in building a vibrant youth movement for nuclear abolition. We ask that endorsing organizations support us in one or more of the following ways:
- Link to our website, be our fan on facebook, and follow us on twitter
- Send an email to your network about Disarmament Summer
- Register people from your organization to attend Disarmament Summer
- Make an in-kind donation of staff time to help with conventional and social media, web management, outreach, publicity, fundraising, action planning, building the encampment in New Mexico, and more.
- Sponsor a travel-scholarship for a youth organizer to attend Disarmament Summer for $250
- Organize a bus from your city to come to New Mexico
- Present a workshop or training at the encampment
- Donate to Think Outside the Bomb! Disarmament Summer is being organized entirely by volunteers and supported by private donations, please consider making a tax-deductible contribution.
- $60 Covers full registration fee for one student/youth for 10-day summer encampment
- $100 Covers full registration fee for one regular priced participant for 10-day summer encampment
- $150 Cost of phone, internet, and electricity at the organizing headquarters.
- $250 Average cost of travel for participants to get to New Mexico
- $500 One rental van to provide transportation within New Mexico for participants. (5 vans needed)
- $1,000 Rent for one month at a store front in Espanola where we are having community and cultural events with local youth. This will also be our office space where we will be doing most of the logistics for the summer.
- $3,000 Lumber to help build the encampment and repairs to existing structures.
- $5500 Covers the full cost of the Think Outside the Bomb National Tour. The tour features: local speakers, music, presentations about nuclear issues, art and outreach within communities for the summer campaign.
Join us in New Mexico to learn, organize, and amplify the voices of local communities struggling against the nuclear industry.